Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I Wrote This Alone

Hi Cyber World,

This blog post is long overdue. For the past couple of years I have had people tell me that I needed to write a blog. I'm lookin' at you Bree Curley.  In my defense, I did have a blog for awhile, but you know heartbreak, sorrow, yada yada yada, lead me to delete the old blog.  So I am back.  Maybe for good????  I am not sure yet. I am still testing this thing out.  See the thing is that I am trying to push myself to become more ok with a few things.  Let me start off by explaining my dilemma:

I. hate. being. alone.

I am not talking about being scared when I am home alone.  I am talking about I actually always want to be with people.  When I hear others say, "I just really need some alone time" or the even the ever confusingly enthusiastic " I have a date with myself!!," - I really don't get it.  I start to panic if I think about being alone for an entire weekend.  Even on Sunday nights when the rest of the world gives themselves a get out of jail free card for socializing, I still feel a need to be doing something, but more importantly doing something with people.  My extroversion just won't stop!  Like. Ever.

This lifestyle has been really fun the last couple of years.  I have made a lot of great friends in Boston, I have been on many trips, because Heaven forbid that I let a holiday pass without an out of state adventure, and I have been able to have a lot of fun experiences.

**disclaimer: I accidentally laid low for Memorial Day and it was the most depressed that I have been in awhile.  Not doing that again! Amiright?

The reason why I think that this is a problem is because as much as my friends may want to hang out, the responsibilities of jobs, relationships, and adult life can make difficult.  It's not sustainable.  So begins what I will call "inspiration scouting."  I looked it up on google and no one else has coined this phrase, so you are welcome internet.

With inspiration scouting I will try to figure out what is so fun about being alone sometimes.  As the Greeks say - "Know thy self." We'll see what happens.  I am very aware that I will probably write some things in this blog that will be cringe worthy to my 30 year old self, but oh well.  This won't be perfect.  Today I wrote down some things that might be fun to do by myself.  Take a look at it if you are interested.



I know that adult coloring books is weird, but apparently it is an up in coming trend....

Scouts Honor,

Kathleen


1 comment:

  1. I definitely noticed feeling more antsy at home after i finished a cross stitch project recently. What to do now!? Love your ideas, congrats on the new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete