Saturday, May 30, 2015

Hi Scouts,

What's a girl to do on a Wednesday night at 9:15 PM?  That's right, go to a movie by herself!  I started off my inspiration scouting  with an easy one.  Thankfully there is an independent movie theatre a 5 minute drive from my house, so a late night movie made sense.





I rolled up like a champ and got a parking spot right in the front of the theatre.  Not a lot of competition for parking for a midweek viewing.  I bought a ticket for the movie Iris, which I highly recommend. I could tell that they weren't expecting anyone to show up for Iris because the cleaning crew had already started their work in theatre 2.  I didn't realize how alone I would be  until I saw this:

All by myseeellllffff. Don't want to be all by my seeeeelllfff.


If you look closely, you can see the yellow trash can in the far left corner.  I sat in the exact center of the open seats.  I was a little creeped out in the beginning and kept looking over my shoulder at every small sound, but eventually enjoyed the freedom to eat my smuggled snowcaps in peace as the the previews started. Overall, I had an excellent time.

Two days later I continued my scouting at the Haymarket in downtown Boston.  Since I am working part time now while I attend grad school, my schedule has become more open to doing things alone.  On Friday afternoon, I decided to go on a local adventure.







Every Friday and Saturday in the summer,  a little nook of down town Boston opens up into a huge market.  Here you can get really fresh fruit for really low prices.  I spent $9 and got a pound of cherries, 5 peaches, blackberries, and a mango.  Talk about yum!  I come from a big fruit eating family, so I was in heaven.  It's also in a really cute part of town!




I took my spoils and sat in a public park and met a new friend named Alfie.




Alfie and I didn't talk long because I reminded myself that I was trying to enjoy being alone.  The rest of the afternoon I relished in the warm weather and read for my Ethics course.  





I am learning that doing things alone isn't as boring as I thought.  Turns out I am kind of looking forward to my next local adventure. Stay tuned.

Scouts Honor,

Kathleen




No comments:

Post a Comment